FUTURE OF WATER: 2017
Join NEWIN on January 12th for a panel discussion with leaders from water-investment, water-policy, water-technology and water-services as we discuss the Future of Water: 2017.
President-elect Donald Trump has outlined a twenty-eight point 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. He identifies it as a contract between himself and the American voter, reinforcing that that plan will restore honesty, accountability and change to the US political system. A full outline of the 100 day play can be read at this NPR source. Some of these points are directly related to the future of investment in water-innovation and water-infrastructure.
January 21st 2017, the Trump administration will begin actions to protect American workers and to introduce and drive passage of broader legislative measures. Two components of the twenty-eight point plan are directly and indirectly related to water:
1) Trumps plan intends to cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
2) Through the American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
On November 8th, the US Electoral College voted for this 100-day plan – join us as we discuss the details of what, who, how and when.
5:00 to 5:30 – Registration and networking
5:30 to 5:45 – Introductory remarks: Marcus Oliver Gay, Executive Director of NEWIN
5:45 to 6:45 – Panel Discussion
6:45 to 7:30 – Networking
- Philip Ashcroft: Adviser to PE firm Buckthorn Capital, Formerly municipal water services Veolia.
- Reese Tisdale: President BlueField Research, formerly IHS Markit
- Jim Matheson (invited): CEO Oasys Water – formerly Flagship Capital.
- Shafiq Islam (invited): Director of Water Policy, Tuffts University (Invited)
REGISTER FOR YOUR TICKET NOW: TICKETS HERE