Tours of NEWIN Water Tech Incubators: Worcester Clean Tech Incubator and North Shore Innoventure
Worcester Clean Tech Incubator:
Executive Director Joe Bush will provide NEWIN members and friends a tour of the WCTI facility at 10am eastern time on Monday Sept 11th
Description of Organization:
WCTI’s mission is to empower entrepreneurs who are creating free market solutions for a sustainable future.
WCTI is a clean tech oriented business incubator located in the heart of downtown Worcester. Its mission is to nurture and foster the growth of entrepreneurial enterprises that address the most pressing issues of today. WCTI provides access to the physical, network, and capital resources companies.
Who do we serve:
WCTI is a community for people to design, build and deploy their products to market. Our focus is to support the transition from start-up to scale-up. We provide tools to develop, test and iterate product designs with the facilities to assemble inventories for initial market penetration, while building relationships with contract manufacturers, channel partners and investors to enable scalability.
Main Function of Organization: At WCTI, our goal is to help entrepreneurs mitigate risk and accelerate growth. We do this by providing a physical space and resources as well as a network of mentors, channel partners, and investors. We are a nonprofit and do not ask for equity in return for space and services.
Areas/fields of focus: CleanTech is a lens for improvement that can be applied in all industries, from IoTs and analytics companies, to renewable energy finance and operational logistics. We are dedicated to helping build businesses for a better future.
Address and parking information for WCTI is here: https://www.wcti.org/contact-
Chief Operating Officer, Tom Kinneman will provide NEWIN members and friends a tour of the NSIV facility at 1pm eastern time on Monday Sept 11th
North Shore InnoVentures® is committed to Innovation and Collaboration Innovation: The transformation of scientific or technological knowledge into products,
processes, systems and services that fuel economic development, create jobs and wealth, and generate improvements in a region’s standard of living.
Who we are:
- A non-profit service organization, supported in part by state and federal grants as well as corporate sponsors
- Nurturing innovative early stage technology companies and supporting sustained economic growth north of Boston
- Focused on Cleantech & Life Sciences – strong regional clusters
What we do:
- Operate technology incubators to help early stage companies
- Conserve capital, make good decisions, build strong teams
- Achieve development and funding milestones
- Offer low-cost, fully equipped, shared lab, office and conference facilities
- Provide InnoVentures® business acceleration services to increase the probability of success for our members and their investors, including –
- Sponsored legal, accounting, PR, HR, IT, admin and other services
- Extensive network of experienced volunteer mentors and advisors
- Business seminar series, entrepreneurial business training and pitch preparation
- Connections to funding from grants, angels, VCs, customers and strategic investors
- An intern matching program
- Highly creative and collaborative environment
- Offer both “In Residence” and “Virtual” incubation programs
- Located in a cluster of over sixty life science & cleantech businesses
- North of Boston at the Cummings Center in Beverly, MA
- Near mass transit and major highways
- Only 30 minutes from Boston / Cambridge
- Includes over 12,500 sq ft of offices and well-equipped shared labs
- Access to facilities of the Life Sciences Consortium of the North Shore
Address and parking information for Northshore Innoventure is here: http://nsiv.org/contact-nsiv/